A panic attack is a situation where a person loses the control on its mind and start behaving badly. This is the situation which let the people think that what exactly they have to do.
Dr. Carolyn Rodriguez who is an assistant professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Stanford says,”Anxiety is an excessive persistent worrying over an imminent event that can last a while. A panic attack is a burst of intense fear that typically lasts fewer than 30 minutes.” She tells it to NBC News Better. She also says that it is wrong to term it as “anxiety attack”.
This panic attack gets way from panic disorder, people get unable to detect it further. Like if a person afraid of water or height, then he may get a panic attack which can last up to 30 minutes. The situation turns worse for many as they start attacking themselves. Panic disorder and Panic attack have some different perspective and links. A panic attack is linked with a clear cause but a Panic disorder will not.
Annie Wright, LMFT who is the owner and director of Evergreen Counseling says,”Often when you don’t know the physiological signs of a panic attack you may feel more scared imagining you’re having a heart attack. Read up on the signs of a panic attack so you know what you’re dealing with.” Here are some major signs of Panic attack you should know about:
- Feeling like choking
- High heart rate
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain
- abdominal distress and nausea
- Feeling unsteady or dizzy
- Fear of dying or going crazy
Some of the major tips which will help you to cop up with this situation:
- Make a card or add the fact in your phone that this panic attack can’t be a cause of my death. This will work as a strengthening pole for you.
- Use some entertainment channels like music, headphones, games, T.V for distraction.
- Keep your head low and try to take some deep breathing.
- Try to follow a meditation routine.
- Stay strengthful and try to get over your fears.
Stay tuned with us for more recent updates and health feeds like this.